Heating System Repair and Replacement
Seattle, the largest city in Washington, can get extremely cold in the winter and demands the need for a heating system repair if your space can't stay comfortably warm. Temperatures fall by December and get colder into the next two months, but there are many frigid nights in the springtime, too.
Without reliable heat, surviving the cold is close to impossible. That’s why it’s very important to have only the most dependable heating system repair in Seattle and surround Washington areas. At Fischer, we know that every residential and commercial property is unique. That's why we offer heater repair on many different types of units.
Heating Repair Customized to Your Needs and Preferences
Furnaces – These are among the most popular heating systems in America. Many homes typically depend on a central furnace heating system. Furnaces heat spaces by blowing hot air (there are fans involved) through ducts and air registers or grills to warm-up rooms. The heat generated by furnaces can be through the burning of natural gas or fuel oil or through an electric system.
Boilers – Boiler heating systems, as opposed to furnaces, distribute heat through hot water instead of distributing heat through hot air. They employ a system of radiators that are made to pass through different parts of the building being heated. Boiler heating systems are also called hydronic systems. To heat up the water, natural gas, fuel oil, or electricity may be used. There are some boiler models, which are rather rare nowadays, that distribute heat through steam instead of having hot water flow through radiators.
Heat Pumps – Heat pumps are basically two-way air conditioners. They are machines that can be used for both cooling and heating purposes. They have a reversible mechanism of transferring heat. During winters, instead of driving heat out of an enclosed space, they reverse the process so outdoor heat can be brought in. Heat pumps can be air or ground sourced (also known as geothermal heat pumps). They “scavenge” whatever available heat can be obtained outdoors to raise the temperature indoors. Air source heat pumps are more popular since they are easier and cheaper. However, ground source heat pumps are considerably more efficient, which makes up for their costlier acquisition and installation.
Direct Heating Systems – These systems provide direct heating to spaces, so they may offer a solution for those in need of heating system repair for a targeted area in your home or office. These appear in different forms. The most common of which are as follows:
- Fireplaces – Of course, everybody already knows about these iconic heating systems. They also serve ornamental functions in living rooms. Without proper sealing and chimney damper, fireplaces generally release more heat into the outside than they provide heat inside a building.
- Stoves – By burning wood or pellets, stoves provide heat to spaces. However, they are considered a problem in some parts of the United States, as wood burning generates pollutants.
- Gas-Fired Space Heaters – These are like stoves, except that they use gas (kerosene, propane, or natural gas) to generate heat. They can be freestanding or wall-mounted. They don’t make use of ducts (but have vents) so they are only useful for single room use.
- Unvented Gas-Fired Heaters – There are gas-fired heaters being sold on the market that don’t come with vents. They are marketed as highly efficient gas-fired heaters that no longer require venting. It is advisable not to get these heaters, though. The accumulation of combustion byproduct poses serious health and safety risks.
- Electric Space Heaters – These are generally portable heaters that can be easily installed and operated. All that needs to be done is to find a suitable place for them, plug them into a power outlet, and turn them on. Many of the wall heaters in the market are electric space heaters. They are generally inexpensive to buy although somewhat costly to use.
Modern Radiant Heating Systems
Radiant heating systems are designed to be highly efficient and reliable. These involve the use of pipes or tubes installed underneath a floor, walls, or ceilings,
through which warm water is made to circulate to distribute heat to spaces that require heating. They are notably efficient and are also highly controllable. They provide a great degree of control over the desired temperature and a uniform way of heating spaces. With these heating systems, there’s no need to force the movement of warm air to evenly heat different spaces. Only surfaces (floors, walls, or ceilings) are made warm and the warmth is allowed to naturally spread.
Floor heaters are deemed the most efficient radiant heating systems since they take advantage of the natural movement of hot and cold air. Only the floor is being heated but since hot air naturally rises and cold air goes down, heating is more evenly done and spread faster.
There are also systems that make use of refrigerants instead of water flowing along the pipes or tubes. These provide the advantage of the significant improvement in energy efficiency but they cost more to buy and install as compared to typical heating systems. Still, the palpable advantages are undeniable so it’s worth considering them as top options when it comes to space heating.
It’s important to note here that the direct heating systems mentioned earlier (fireplaces, stoves, electric space heaters, etc) can also be considered as radiant heating systems. The difference here, though, is that these modern, state of the art heating systems make use of pipes or tubes to achieve the best and most effective healing results with the least safety and health disadvantages.
Expert and Experienced Heating System Installation and Repair
For all your heating needs, don’t hesitate to give us a call. We have not only proficiency but also extensive experience in handling all kinds of heating systems. If you need a new heating system installed for your home or building, we can guide you in finding the best system to get and in installing them to ensure efficient operation and the most effective possible heating results. We also provide excellently competent troubleshooting, repair, and replacement services. If you need expert and experienced heating installation, repair, and replacement solutions, we got you covered.
We perform the heating repair in Seattle, WA, for all kinds of homes, new and old.